Table of Contents
Dean EAB: A Natural Electric Bass
What is your favorite piece of music in the world? Why is this your favorite song? Is it the lyrics, the singer, the amazing guitar solo? Does it remind you of the happiest time in your life?
For me, music brings me back to both happy and sad times, and I relate a piece of music to various people I have encountered throughout my life. Past lovers, past friends, family members who have now since passed away: They are all connected to me by music.
I find music to be so important in my life and am passionate about helping others find and purchase the best musical instrument that will help them, whether they are beginning to play or have been playing for years. Now, investing in a musical instrument can be pricey, and I want to help you find the best one.
One instrument that I recommend starting to play, that people tend not to, is the bass. It is so integral to any piece of music, and it keeps people in time, and provides a great depth to any song.
There is nothing worse than spending a lot of money on an overpriced bass that fails you within a few months of buying it. One of the brands on the market today is the Dean EAB Acoustic-Electric Bass Guitar. It is available to buy online, and comes at an affordable price.
The Dean EAB Acoustic-Electric Bass Guitar comes with a variety of features to meet your musical instrument needs. These features include:
- 34-inch mahogany neck
- Rosewood fret board
- Pearl dot Inlays
- Dean passive preamp fully equipped with both volume and treble controls
- Celluloid rosette and full body binding
- Die cast Dean tuners built in to the bass, ensuring you stay in tune
- A full mahogany body with spruce wood on the top
- Starter bass guitar for someone beginning to play
- Both acoustic and electric, so you can play with or without an amp
- Equipped to be loud enough for any onstage concerts
- Right on the board electronics to mix your sound
- Easy to use for at home audio recording
- Passive piezo pickup system- easy to hook up to any amp
- A “sliver” shape
- Measures 6 x 18 x 51 inches
- Weights 7.8 pounds
- Great for beginners
- Easy to use
- Both acoustic/electric—variety of options
- Looks fantastic: deep brown mahogany that contrasts with the spruce (satin-finished)
- Built-in Dean preamp allows you to control volume/tone when plugged in
- Sounds great acoustically (for recording at home)
- Very affordable price
- Quality of sound good
- Very mobile/easy to take around
- A different feel than a strictly electric bass (takes getting used to)
- String noise with the round woods can be difficult to deal with
- A cheaper brand
As I stated before, buying a new musical instrument is an investment. There are so many brands out there to choose from that vary in price, from under $100 all the way up to tens of thousands of dollars.
It is no easy task, but I highly recommend before you ever make a purchase on any instrument, especially a bass guitar, first go in person to a local music store, and test it out for yourself.
Musical instruments are all about personal preference, and what someone else might love, you might hate; never buy one online without at least holding the brand in a store.
That being said, I highly recommend the Dean EAB Acoustic-Electric Bass Guitar for anyone new who is learning the bass for the first time. It might not be the most high-end bass available on the market today, but it gets the job done, and gives you a variety of options.
The ability to play it both acoustically and electrically is a great bonus for anyone new to the bass, and gives you the freedom to play at any time of day, without disturbing your neighbors. It looks great, is very light, easy to move and is equipped with everything a first-time player needs in a bass! Have a great time playing and ROCK ON!