Dean Acoustic-Electric Bass: A Classic Look
Music is a universal language. Everyone around the world, no matter where they are from or what their culture is, loves and enjoys music. It is a way of bringing a community together to share in something magical and transcendent.
I have had the pleasure of going to a multitude of musical concerts and each and every one has been amazing, and I’ve always looked at the musicians on stage with a sense of awe. It has been inspiring.
For anyone who dreams of doing that as a career, it cannot just happen overnight. You must learn how to master the instrument you have in mind, and practice it every day to get where you need to be.
Most people are drawn to what I believe to be the three “main” instruments in the world’s mind: guitar, piano, and the “voice” (singing). But one that often goes unnoticed is the incredible bass guitar that I highly recommend. There are many that you can purchase online today.
However, there is nothing worse than spending a lot of money on an overpriced bass that fails you within a few months of buying it. One of the brands on the market today is the Dean Acoustic-Electric Classic Bass Guitar. It is available to buy online and comes at an affordable price.
- 34-inch mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard and pearl dot inlays
- Dean passive preamp with volume and treble controls
- Celluloid rosette and body binding
- Diecast Dean tuners
- Mahogany body with Spruce top
- Select Spruce Top
- Mahogany Body & Neck
- Rosewood Fingerboard
- Pearl Dot Inlays
The Dean Acoustic-Electric Classic Bass Guitar comes with a variety of features to meet your musical instrument needs. These features include:
- 34-inch mahogany neck
- Rosewood fret board
- Pearl dot Inlays
- Dean passive preamp fully equipped with both volume and treble controls
- Celluloid rosette and full body binding
- Die-cast Dean tuners built in to the bass, ensuring you stay in tune
- A full mahogany body with spruce wood on the top
- Produces a deeper, fuller tone
- 34” scale
- Starter bass guitar for someone beginning to play
- Both acoustic and electric, so you can play with or without an amp
- Equipped to be loud enough for any onstage concert
- On-the-board electronics to mix your sound
- Easy to use for at-home audio recording
- Passive piezo pickup system—easy to hook up to any amp
- A “sliver” shape
- Measures 6” x 18” x 51”
- Weighs 11 pounds
- Great for beginners
- Easy to use
- Both acoustic/electric—variety of options
- Looks fantastic: a classic mature look
- Built-in-Dean preamp allows you to control volume/tone when plugged in
- Sounds great acoustically (for recording at home)
- Very affordable price
- Quality of sound good
- Very mobile/easy to take around
- A different feel than a strictly electric bass (takes getting used to)
- String noise with the round woods can be difficult to deal with
- A cheaper brand
- Doesn’t come with a strap
- Only one peg on the bottom to put shoulder strap on; none on top
You should always know that buying a musical instrument is quite an investment. It can be a large purchase up front, but if you find the right one, it can last you a long time.
However, I must reiterate that this article reflects my opinion about the Dean Classic Bass Guitar; something that I may love, you may hate, and especially when it comes to musical instruments it relies on personal preference. I always recommend that people go in person to a music store and pick up the instrument itself and try it out before buying!
That being said, the Dean Acoustic-Electric Classic Bass Guitar, can be highly recommend for anyone new, who is learning to play the bass for the first time. It might not be the most high-end bass available on the market today, but it gets the job done, and gives you a variety of options.
The ability to play it both acoustically and electrically is a great bonus for anyone new to the bass, and it gives you the freedom to play at any time of day, without disturbing your neighbors. It looks great, is very light, easy to move, and is equipped with everything a first-time player needs in a bass!
Have a fantastic time playing the bass—I am sure you will love it!